Today was one of the most anticipated days for gamers world-wide with the long awaited unveiling of the PS5 price and release date. Sony hosted the Playstation 5 Showcase and promised to give viewers the best look at more games and surprises. As expected – they certainly did not disappoint.
So here is the main information everyone wants to know!
Release date: November 12, 2020 (US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea) and for the rest of the world November 19, 2020.
Price Point: PS5 – $499USD | PS5 Digital – $399USD
PS5 Key Features & Specs
- Ultra-High Speed SSD | promising near instant load times for installed PS5 games
- Integrated I/O | custom integration allows creators to pull data from the SSD so quickly allowing for better designed games
- Ray tracing | introduces a new level of realism as rays of light are simulated individually, creating true-to-life shadows and reflections
- 4K-TV Gaming | compatible with all 4K TVs
- Up to 120fps with 120Hz output | provides smooth and fluid high frame rate
- HDR technology | allows games to display vibrant and life-like
- 8K output | compatible on 4320p resolution displays
Some of the most anticipated games that were highlighted with the release of the PS5 are Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, COD: Black Ops Cold War, Fortnite, Resident Evil Village, Hogwarts Legacy, Gran Turismo 7, NBA 2K21, and many more!
Xbox Series X|S
Xbox unveiled Series S|X on September 8-9 with the introduction of Series S and Series X models.
Release date: November 10, 2020
Price Point: Xbox S – $299USD | Xbox X – $499USD
Xbox S Key Features & Specs
- All digital platform
- 1440p performance up to 120fps
- Ray tracing technology bringing gaming to a new level of realism as rays of light are simulated individually, creating true-to-life shadows and reflections
- 4K-TV Gaming upscale
- 4K media playback
- Custom NVME SSD (512GB drive)
- 60% smaller in size than Xbox X
Here’s the unveiling of the Xbox Series S
And here is the reveal of the Xbox Series X.