Could WWE be on to something new? With the coronavirus epidemic running wild over the World the WWE has been forced to put on Wrestlemania at the WWE Performance Center. Questions arose about how they would put on 15 or 16 matches in one night with no crowd. Well, that question has been answered as Wrestlemania 36 will be held over TWO nights.
New WWE signee Rob Gronkowski took to Twitter tonight to break the news. This will be the first time WWE has held Wrestlemania over two nights.
Could this be a blessing in disguise?
The popular opinion is that Wrestlemania is far too long. By the end of the night no matter what the main event is the crowd is exhausted.
Had WWE put the Women’s title match in the middle of the show last year rather than the main event the crowd would have been hot for it. Instead after seven hours, the crowd was dead.
With the announcement today, it is now possible for WWE to put on two four hour shows. This will give them the opportunity to put 8 matches on each night.
Now we know that WWE was forced into doing this, this year, but should they do this going forward?
Think about the opportunity they have here. They can not only put on a great show on multiple nights but they can do this in two different cities. Imagine Wrestlemania 40 taking place in Chicago on Saturday night and in Hollywood on Sunday Night.
They now have the ability to put on 8-10 matches each night over the course of a 4-hour show.
This does two things. First, it gives more talent a chance to shine on the Grandest Stage of them All. Secondly, it will allow the crowd to be hot for the whole show. Wrestlemania brings the best wrestling fans from all over the world together. Let’s give them a chance to enjoy wrestling without exhaustion. Eight hours of live wrestling no matter how good the product is exhausting.
Now that we know Wrestlemania 36 will be held over two nights let’ take a look at how each night could look.
Night One- Saturday, April 4th
- Andre the Giant Battle Royale– Bobby Lashley, Sheamus, Baron Corbin, Ricochet, Aleister Black, Elias, Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro, Humberto Carrillo, Murphy, Angel Garza, and more.
- Women’s Tag Team Title match: Kabuki Warriors vs Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross
- Raw Tag Team Championship: Street Profits vs Authors of Pain vs War Raiders
- United States Title: Andrade vs Rey Mysterio
- NXT Women’s Title: Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair
- Undertaker vs AJ Styles
- Seth Rollins vs KO
- Universal Title: Goldberg vs Roman Reigns
Night Two- Sunday, April 5th
- Liv Morgan vs Ruby Riott vs Sarah Logan
- Otis vs Dolph
- Smackdown Tag Team Championship: Miz and Morrison vs New Day vs Usos vs Daniel Bryan and Drew Gulak
- Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn vs Braun Strowman
- Smackdown Women’s Title: Bayley vs Sasha Banks vs Naomi vs Carmella vs Dana Brooke vs Lacey Evans
- Raw Women’s Title: Becky Lynch vs Shayna Baszler
- Fiend vs John Cena
- WWE World Heavyweight Title: Brock Lesnar vs Drew McIntyre
- Edge vs Randy Orton-Last Man Standing Match
The matches and when they will occur are obviously preliminary as the card is not final and nothing else has been announced yet.
What match would you like to see main event each night?
Would you like to see Wrestlemania performed over two nights going forward?