2019 NCAA Football Preseason Rankings
Can you smell it?? Football is in the air!! College football is right around the corner. With Clemson and Alabama dominating the last few seasons the question becomes will we see another Alabama and Clemson National Championship game? Or will someone else break through. Here is my preseason top 25 and a question each team has to answer.
- 1. Clemson-Can they repeat as champions?
- 2. Alabama-Can Tu’a stay healthy for a whole year?
- 3. Georgia-Can they finally take down Alabama?
- 4. Oklahoma-Will Jalen Hurt be an adequate replacement?
- 5. Michigan-Can the defense retool after losing a lot of key guys?
- 6. Ohio State-Can Justin Fields replace the production of Dwayne Haskins?
- 7. Notre Dame-Can they replace the production of Dexter Williams and Miles Boykin?
- 8. Oregon-Which Justin Herbert will we see?
- 9. Florida-Can they keep gaining momentum they got last season?
- 10. Texas-Is Texas back or was last season a fluke?
- 11. UCF-Will they be able to carry on the momentum and continue to win?
- 12. LSU-Will the defense struggle without Greedy and Devin White on defense?
- 13. Washington-Will Jacob Eason, Jake Haener or Jacob Sirmon be the starter?
- 14. Penn State-How do you replace Trace Mcsorley and Miles Sanders?
- 15. Auburn=Will the schedule prove too difficult?
- 16. Texas A&M-What kind of impact will the #3 recruiting class have?
- 17. Wisconsin-Can they improve their 118th ranked passing offense?
- 18. Utah-Can HC Kyle Willingham guide his team to the next level?
- 19. Virginia-Is Bryce Perkins a legitimate Heisman Contender?
- 20. Army-Can they match their 11 win season from last year?
- 21. Northwestern-Is the incoming QB better than Clayton Thorson?
- 22. Virginia Tech-How badly will the transfers hurt the Hokies?
- 23. Syracuse-Is this team for real or just an aberration?
- 24. Miami-Will we see the 2017 Hurricanes or the 2018 Hurricanes?
- 25. Stanford-How great of a coach is David Shaw?
The Top Teams
Clemson and Alabama are head and shoulders above the rest of the NCAA. You can guarantee that they will be in the Playoffs at the end of next season. The question is who joins them in that game. My guess is that Oklahoma and Georgia will be the other 2 teams. Oklahoma is going to start ex-Alabama QB Jalen Hurts and Georgia brings back Jake Fromm.
The Dark Horses
The dark horses of the first version of the Top 25 is Army and Virginia. Army won 11 games last year and destroyed Houston 70-14, bring back their QB and Head Coach. Virginia had a great year next season and bring back one of the best CB in Bryce Hall and QB Bryce Perkins who is an outstanding athlete.
Outside the top 25 team
Washington State is a team that could jump back into the top 25 easily if they can replace Minshew. The Air Raid offense will always score points but how good can their defense be? Nebraska had a rough year last year under Scott Frost but he recruited well in the offseason.