Dancing With The Stars Week 2 Recap-10/1/19
What an amazing week of celebrity fun and competition for this great show. Let’s get right into the highlights!
This week’s theme for the dances was based on movies.
Former Baltimore Raven Ray Lewis had to withdraw from the competition. due to injury, before Monday’s show aired. Lewis had reaggravated his tendon. It meant the team of Ray Lewis and Cheryl Burke had to withdraw from the famed dancing show! What are the odds that Lewis would suffer a worse injury dancing than playing football?
- Lauren Alaina and Gleb Savchenko danced to Roy Orbison’s famous song Pretty Woman! With a Red-Convertible on stage, Alaina mentioned she hoped her Father was watching from Alabama. Judge Len Goodman loved the dance. Their final score was 20/30.
- ‘Bachelorette’ Hannah Brown and Alan Bersten performed a Bridesmaids themed Rumba. Judge Goodman said she was a lovely dancer, their score was 21/30.
- Queer Eye’s culture expert Karamo and Jenna Johnson did an energetic jive to Elton John’s I’m Still Standing, from the film Rocketman, featuring an inspirational training video, with the film’s star Taron Egerton. The final score was 16/30.
- Singer Ally Brooke and Sasha Farber were the next. Brooke channeled her idol Selena from the drama Selena. A sensuous flowing rumba, to the song Dreaming Of You. They got a standing ovation from the crowd. Goodman praised the dance, their final score was 24/30.
- Actor James Van Der Beek and Emma Slater put some fire into a rumba to Lady Gaga’s song Shallow, from the film A Star Is Born. At the end of their dance routine, the audience roared. Judge Inaba called the dance poetry, their final score was 23/30.
- Former ‘The Office’ star Kate Flannery and Pasha Pashkov danced to the title song 9 to 5, Judge Tonioli had to stand up, like the movie this dance was a big hit. Their score was 24/30.
- Former NBA star Lamar Odom and Peta Murgatroyd danced the cha-cha-cha to Old Time Rock and Roll from Risky Business. Odom would lose it at the end, the wheels fell off a bit said, Goodman. Their final score was 12/30.
- Sailor Brinkley-Cook and Valentin Chmerkovskiy danced the tango to Mamma Mia. Judge Tonioli said he can tell the duo, worked hard on their dance and it shows, their final score was a 23/30.
- Kel Mitchell and Witney Carson would perform a dance to the song from Titanic, My Heart Will Go On. Though Judge Inaba appreciated the work and solid dancing she found the dance too tight. Their final score 20/30.
- Sean Spicer and Lindsay Arnold. They went completely disco insane. They did the cha-cha-cha, to the song Night Fever from the film Saturday Night Fever. Spicer even wore the John Travolta polyester white suit. Len Goodman was not impressed with the dance, calling it Monday Night lukewarm, their final score was 15/30.
There you have it, folks. This wraps up week two results and recap for Dancing With The Stars!