On This Day in Entertainment (2/12/20)
On This Day In History (2/12/20)
On this day in history, 2/12/20, Adele won a Grammy for Best Song “Hello” and Best Album “25″ at the 59th Grammy Awards in 2017. Speaking of music, in 1924 Composer and Pianist George Gershwin’s “Rhapsody In Blue” premiered at the influential concert “Experiment in Modern Music.” It was held by Paul Whiteman and his famed Orchestra at the Aeolian Hall, in New York City, New York.
Happy Birthday, to Grammy-award Singer and Songwriter, Michael McDonald who was born in 1952, in St. Louis, Missouri. McDonald was known for being a member of the Doobie Brothers as well as singing background vocals for Steely Dan. He has enjoyed a very successful solo career and still performs to this day.
On Feb. 12, 2017, at the BAFTA Awards, the 70th British Academy Awards, The Film “La La Land” won Best Film. Casey Affleck and Emma Stone won Best Actors for the film.
In wrestling, on Feb. 12, 2001, WWE Monday Night Raw was live from the Continental Airlines Arena, in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The show featured some big names and matches.
- Chris Jericho def. Eddie Guerrero by Submission.
- 6- Person Tag Jeff Hardy & Lita & Matt Hardy def. Chris Benoit &
- Perry Saturn & Terri by pin.
- Triple H def. Billy Gunn by Pin.
- X- Pac def. Grandmaster Sexay by pin.
- Tag-Team Match, Kurt Angle & Raven def. Essa Rios & The Big Show by pin.
- The Rock def. Rikishi by Pin.
Enjoy your day!