Streetz’s Week 1 Fantasy Recap
Week 1 will be sure to be filled with plenty of overreactions. Fantasy football players are often similar to middle-aged women watching The Bachelor. You are sure to see plenty of self-proclaimed confirmation bias, angry tweets tagging people who will never see it and gossiping to others of faults you made yet blame on everything else.
So cheers to the bad trade offers and here is Week 1’s Recap.
Bad week for 0 RB. Below are your WR1’s heading into Monday Night Football.
- 1. Sammy Watkins
- 2. DeSean Jackson
- 3. John Ross
- 4. Deandre Hopkins
- 5. Marquise Brown
- 6. T.Y Hilton
- 7. Keenan Allen
- 8. Philip Dorsett
- 9. John Brown
- 10. Larry Fitzgerald
- 11. DJ Chark
- 12. Jameson Crowder
- 13. Terry McLaurin****(bumped from 12 by Hopkins)****
They look like a waiver wire column. ****Hopkins helps salvage a bit****
Sammy Watkins truthers, congratulations. It is finally your time. Well at least for 6-8 weeks while Hill is out. (Watkins averages per game when seeing 8+ targets are 6.8 catches 90 yards)
DeSean Jackson was 3rd after week one last year.
Marquise Brown had 5 targets. See name above and insert Spiderman pointing at Spiderman meme here.
Jamison Crowder is the first player with 14 catches (17 targets) in NFL history to not reach 100 yards. He should see a plethora of targets. He’s a poor mans Jarvis Landry in the Jets offense. That’s useful.
Top 12 WR drafted who faltered:
- Davante Adams- R.E.L.A.X
- Juju Smith Schuster- Here is a tidbit. AB averages vs. Pats, 9.3 Targets 6 catches, and 75 yards. JuJu line- 8/6/78.
- Mike Evans- He’s no MJ with the flu. Visibly affected by illness.
Good week for RB’s. 5 of the top 12 drafted and 10 of the top 24 drafted finished as an RB1. Ekeler was RB 2. Melvin who? ****After Monday night Jacobs finishes week 1 as RB7 and makes it 11 of the top 24 being RB1’s.***
- Malcolm Brown was the only outsider thanks to 2 TDs.
- Chris Carson had 7 targets. That led Seattle period.
- Nick Chubb was a vulture’d TD away from being an RB1.
- Derek Henry had a catch…for 75 yards! and a TD.
16 TE’s scored double-digit fantasy points. 8 with over 12.
- Evan Engram was the target leader with 14. (Shepard in concussion protocol cough cough)
- Mark Andrews continues to see about 30% of Jackson’s targets.
- T.J. Hockenson saw 9 targets in his debut and was on the field for 72% of the snaps.
QB is deep. We knew this coming in. Not much to say.
- 18 QB’s had 14+ points in 4pt passing TD leagues.
- Kirk Cousins was one and only attempted 10 passes.
- Lamar Jackson finished as QB1 with only 3 rushing attempts for 6 yards.
The Dolphins are bad.