UFC 243: Whittaker vs. Adesanya Results
What an exhilarating ending to UFC 243 from the Marvel Arena in Melbourne, Australia.
We have a NEW UFC Middleweight Champion. Izzy The Style Bender Adesanya knocked out Robert Whittaker late in round two. The fight was hellacious while it lasted. Both Whittaker and Adesanya landing significant strikes.
UFC 243 Results
Flyweight Nadia Kassem vs Ji Yeon Kim. Kassem came out with kicks, Kim got in quick body shots. Kim def. Kassem with a TKO in R2 at 4:59.
- Bantamweight matchup saw Khalid Taha vs Bruno Silva. With an arm triangle submission at 3:00, of R3. Taha wins 10-9 result.
- Women Featherweight action saw Megan Anderson vs. Zarah Fairn Dos Santos. The final result, Anderson def. Fairn Dos Santos by submission via the triangle choke in round one at 3:57.
In lightweight battle saw Jamie Mullarkey vs. Brad Riddell. Riddell would land many significant strikes and defeat Mullarkey by unanimous decision.
In a Welterweight Fight, we see Callan Potter vs Maki Pitolo. Potter with quick left hands throughout the fight. Potter would win by unanimous decision.
- In another Welterweight matchup, we would see, Rostem Akman vs Jake Matthews. With hard shots, the native Australian, also known as The Celtic Kid Matthews won by decision.
- Heavyweight, Yorgan De Castro vs Justin Tafa. De Castro started out strong on offense. Tafa would counter with a strong left, as Tafa was going after De Castro, De Castro counters with a right hand. Final result De Castro def. Tafa by first Round KO. That was 02:10 in first round by the way.
- In a welterweight contest, Luke Jumeau vs. Dhiego Lima. Lima would win after a relentless pursuit of Jumeau and takedowns, drilling him with fists throughout the bout. Final Decision Lima def. Jumeau.
Via split Decision of 29-28, 28-29 and 29-29.
- In Heavyweight action, Sergey Spivak vs. Tai Tuivasa. In Round 1 Of this fight we saw, early low kick sweep put Spivak on his back but the Aussie Tuivasa made the mistake of letting his opponent back up. Spivak gets a takedown on Bam Bam. Spivak starts out in round 2 landing a right-hand punch. Tuivasa lands a nice elbow, on Sergey but then Spivak with would lock in a triangle choke and taps out Tuivasa. Final Result Sergey Spivak def. Tai Tuivasa by second-round submission.
In the Co-Main event a Lightweight bout saw Dan Hooker vs Al Laquinta. In round 1 Hooker would land a low kick, Laquinta scored a takedown however he would get shelled with elbows from Hooker. Hooker dominates round 1.
Now for the second-round, Laquinta hits a nice left hook to the body but Hooker manages to drop Laquinta with a right hook. In round 3, Hooker focuses his attack on the body. The jabs of Hooker would end up being too much. The judges all saw this fight as 30-26 Hooker. Final result Dan Hooker def. Al Laquinta via unanimous Decision, with 30-27 30-27 and 30-26.
And now fans, it’s time for your main event…
Middleweight fight between Middleweight Champion, Robert Whittaker, and Interim Middleweight Champion Israel Adesanya. Round 1 of the fight, Whittaker lands the first shot. A left hook, Whittaker is able to connect with some shots to Izzy. A check hook by Adesanya, Whittaker goes for the body, he’s not able to capitalize on his attack. They both end up trading kicks. Izzy would know down Whittaker right as the round ended. The score for that round 10-9 Adesanya.
Round 2 saw Whittaker start hot but a comeback by Adesanya with a body kick and a hard jab. They would continue to trade hard blows throughout the second round. However, Izzy’s reach ended up being too much for Whittaker. Izzy would go on to nock Whittaker to the mat…a few punches later and this is over….your NEW MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION Israel Adesanya.
What a night of excitement and punishment in the UFC. The UFC continues to deliver to its audience and to their great fan base across the world.
Congrats to your new Middleweight Champ!! 18-0, Israel Style Bender Adesanya.